Total Pageviews

Thursday, December 4, 2014

Shake Them Boobs Then Go Twenty Yards And Bottonhook

From the time I was about 10, I remember each year all the boys would get together with Friends choose up teams and play a Football game before the big meal. Each of the boys would usually have someone over, so we always had enough for a good football game. The girlfriends and wives usually didn’t play. They either sat on the sideline or stayed in the house cooking or watching television. If, I remember correctly that year we had three wives (Barbara, Wanda and Donna) and a few assorted girl friends of guest and brothers. Well they say, traditions are made to be broken, and this was the year for the Nalley boys to have one broken. We looked around and there were about six women on the side saying they wanted to play also. Since three of us were married we were smart enough not to say no. So we chose up teams and the game began.

The score was tied at 21 to 21, when Momma hollered out the back door 5 minutes till supper. So at that point we realized that we were going to have to convert the game to sudden death. Whoever scored first wins the game. My team had the ball and we were in poor position. It was 4th and about 8. They had been double teaming Gary Sly, my end, whenever he went out and were also pretty effective in keeping me from running the ball. So what am I going to do…sometimes if you can’t use brute force, you got to outsmart them?

We bent over in a huddle, as I was thinking of what play to call and my eyes happen to rest upon some inspiration, I was sure would work. My wife Donna was around 19 and was well endowed to say the least. She also wore very skimpy halter-tops, which were little more than cloth triangles (no bra) tied by a string in the back. The plan was to throw to Donna and have everyone else either protect me or block to the right side of the field. Donna lined up on the left side close to the out of bound line. Hank was covering the end on that side. The play was called shake them boobs go twenty yards and buttonhook. I told Donna to go out there and get into position. When he lines up I want you to growl at him. If I know him right, he will start laughing but at the same time notice those boobs. The ball will be hiked on the 4th hut. I will spread out the cadence till the time is right. When he looks at your boobs, I want you to start shaking them, while growling at him.

Well when Hank saw the way the team lined up, it was pretty obvious to him one of two things was going to happen. Most likely I was going try to run the ball and send Donna all the way out to spread his team thin. Or I could just be crazy enough to throw to a woman on the last down. He felt confident, he could handle Donna so he yelled to his team as he walked out to Donna, watch the run he is going to try to go through here!

We lined up. Hut one…..Donna growled at Hank…. He looked amused. Hut twooooooooo and she started shaking those boobs. His eyes were now fixed to her chest and started chuckling. She would growl some more and start swinging them side to side. Hut three and he was now in a full laugh and holding his belly…He dropped to one knee and I quickly called Hut four for the hike. Donna went to the goal line turned and looked. No one was on her. Hank was still at the scrimmage line on one knee laughing. Just as I was about to be tagged, I passed the ball to Donna. Hit her right in the chest and it bounced in the air but she caught it on the bounce. She stepped over the goal line and the game was ours.

It was a sweet victory and the ultimate defeat. Not only was Hank’s team beat by little brother, but they had been beat by a woman. Something we thought unusual during those days. Later in life, we were to learn that would be a common occurrence.


Art Nalley
Redneck Heritage Network
@ 2002

No comments: