Total Pageviews

Sunday, September 19, 2010

On Loan From God


I was reading my weekly issue of the Bloomberg Business week (Yeah Bubba does read that high brow stuff from time to time) and a quote made by a rich lady (who grew up very poor) really hit me. Her name is Lisa Falcone and her old man is a very rich hedge fund manager. Her outlook on material things is getting more and more in line with Genny and my thinking lately. Do we really need all this "stuff"? Wouldn't we really be happier in our golden years living in a camper trailer and on the road with few bills? I have always wanted to be like that news anchor you use to see on Sunday morning that traveled the back roads of America interviewing folks about the times and their life. I think I have about 5 or 6 different types of jobs lined up to make a little money and most can be done while mobile. Genny likes her work but give her a cell phone and laptop and she could do her job as a consultant from the road.


Maybe a little less money but that only means less tax and less stress. You ever figure out what it cost to go to work? I was amazed how my bank account went up after my surgery and I was home instead of working. Very little gas, wear the same shirt, drawers and pants for days at a time, eat the left over's, etc., a bunch of money can be saved. Anyway here is Lisa's quote


"This is all borrowed Stuff," God kind of loans it to us, and somebody takes it afterward. Am I going to heaven sitting on the couch? Do I take my house with me? No! "But God gave me something that I'm better at than anyone else. And that is being me!"


Art Nalley


Redneck Heritage Network


Copyright@ 2010

No comments: