Total Pageviews

Sunday, September 19, 2010

River Trip and Camper




Genny has purchased us a camper and we enjoyed it this weekend. It all started by accident as we have my boat in a slip on the Warrior at a Marina called Quinn's. We find that we use it a lot more if we already have it on the river and just have to jump in the car to get to it. Little old Lady about 70 owns it and I have known her about 6 or seven years now. She has a restaurant there also, so "women" no cooking necessary. Anyway Genny got to talking to her one night and somehow they started talking about adding camper sites. Ms. Quinn says as a manner of fact I am having two put in on the bluff right now, would you like one? How much? One Hundred twenty five dollars per month with water and electric included! Genny said let me write you a check for about 3 months right now and then she commenced to putting me in charge of finding a camper. Here are a few shots of the camper, the view and the restaurant/marina. We will be pulling this down the next time we go the coast.





 






 






 






 


View coming in at night





 






 


And so we were tooling along the river and realized we just drank our last beer. Genny sees a couple sitting on a swing at a campground and three girls swimming. She ask them if there is a any store for gas and beer up the river and they say don't think so but I have a few beers here if you would like them. We took one a piece and tied up the boat to watch the girls swim and talk. Later he says the wife is about to go to Wal-Mart which is about 15 minutes from here, you want her to pick you up some beer. Of course we say that would be so nice. So we sit and talk and he ask if we are going to continue up the river or head back and I say we going up as long as I don't use over a half tank so I know I will make it back. Genny ask if they would like to go with us and they are excited but now we got to come up with enough life jackets. So the girls and the guy (Genny knows all the names) go ask the rest of the campers if they have some they can borrow. Within a few minutes we have enough and head out. They had a great time and we enjoyed the company. The guy said to his wife as he was shaking my hand as we departed later…..You know I always heard that if someone comes up to you and ask where they can buy some beer that they are regular good folks. I laughed and said yeah, just get you a twelve pack and a few life jackets and sit on the dock every Saturday morning and hold up a few beers as the boats come by. I guarantee someone will take your family for a ride.




The little girl (I called her tater but I think her name was Tatum) took a liking to the old man and wanted to drive.





 






 


We ran up the river about an hour and half and then headed back. They invited us to stay and have fried fish and red beans and rice. (They were from the Louisiana) but I told I appreciate the offer but we had another hour a half to make it back and I wanted to make it back take a nap and maybe do a little River Karaoke later that night. We headed back and about half way back our body batteries started running down. So instead of going out this is what we decided to do and Queen Sheba beat me too it.





 



 



No comments: