Total Pageviews

Sunday, September 19, 2010

I owe my Soul to the Company Store


I know some of you think I may exaggerate from time to time as Nalley's have been known to do that, but this time I have back up. This one is sure to beat all other boss stories. Stan Sr. for sure will enjoy this and it even beats some of the bosses Tim has had over the years. Let me give a little background.

Once a year we have what is called a Strategic Planning Summit this year it will be held in September. This is where all us big dogs get together at a fancy hotel and talk about what we see should be our goals to accomplish over the next year and we even vote on it. It does not manner that we achieve few of them other then what we are being graded on nationally, it is the idea of going thru the process, plus it is a day away from the office.

So I have been going to a lot of these ethics in leadership courses lately (something I have always had and get's me in trouble from time to time) and I get this invite to this Summit. I have three choices to choose from. They are attending, tentatively attending and decline. So I am thinking, if some court decisions go my way fairly soon, I am planning on retiring. You never know when something else may crop up and I want to do my Bucket list for a few years. So it really does not seem like the ethical thing to do to say for sure I am attending when my full intention is to retire before then. So what do you choose?????? Yep you choose Tentative.

So I click that button and the response's start coming in.



From: Smith, Phyllis J.
Sent: Wednesday, July 14, 2010 1:57 PM
To: Nalley, M. Art
Subject: Strategic @lanning Summit

I noticed that your attendance for the Strategic Planning Summit was tentative. What would prevent you from attending?
Phyllis J. Smith
Associate Director


From: Nalley, M. Art
To: Smith, Phyllis J.
Sent: Wed Jul 14 15:03:36 2010
Subject: RE: Strategic @lanning Summit

I'll be there unless I retire or the lord decides to move me to a new address.


From: Smith, Phyllis J.
Sent: Wednesday, July 14, 2010 2:05 PM
To: Nalley, M. Art
Subject: Re: Strategic @lanning Summit

FYI -- anyone that does not accept is required to provide justification to the Director and receive prior approval.
Phyllis J. Smith
Associate Director
Birmingham VA Medical Center


From: Nalley, M. Art
To: Smith, Phyllis J.
Sent: Wed Jul 14 15:15:13 2010
Subject: RE: Strategic @lanning Summit

You know you say I can't tell when you're kidding or not. This time I think you are....but by all means I will accept rather than say tentative and have to provide a justification.


From: Smith, Phyllis J.
Sent: Wednesday, July 14, 2010 2:17 PM
To: Nalley, M. Art
Subject: Re: Strategic @lanning Summit

I'm really not kidding. An email went out a few month ago when the Sept 15th date was established stating this.
Phyllis J. Smith
Associate Director
Birmingham VA Medical Center


So there you go folks, I got to get permission from the VA to die or retire. Sixteen ton's and what you get….another day older and deeper in debt. St Peter don't you call me cause I can't gooooooooooooooooooooo, I owwwwwwwweeeeeeeeeeeeee my sooooooooouuuuuuuuuullllll to the company store!


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIfu2A0ezq0


Art Nalley
Redneck Hertiage Network
Copyright @2010
















No comments: