Total Pageviews

Sunday, September 19, 2010

If You Give Me That


One of my little brothers (Tim) recently sent me the start of a country song he was writing and asked for help. This is what he had so far.

From: TIMOTHY J NALLEY
Subject: Re: Brain Damage
To: "MICHAEL A NALLEY"
Date: Wednesday, September 1, 2010, 12:05 AM




Trying to come up with lyrics to a country song. It starts like this:


I want a woman who has issues,

Issues of Playboy magazine.
And give me a woman who needs tissues,

Can you help?

Tim



So I took this as a personal challenge as I always wanted to write a country song myself. So over the course of a day, I would turn it over in my head and scratch a line on a piece of paper from time to time and that I night I put together.



Title: IF YOU GIVE ME THAT


You know this single life is a tough old road lord

So I figured we should talk a bit


About the woman of my dreams


If that woman does exist


Now some say that I am too choosy

So I cut my list a bit


Chorus


I want a woman without any issues unless they are issues of a men's magazine

I want a woman that loves me for what I am and not what her mother wants me to be


One that doesn't keep records of who was last on top


And one that will still love me, when I say I got to stop

Back to song

If you can give me that for one month lord, I'd die a happy man


I am not trying to be difficult or demanding, just looking for a woman who understands


I want a woman who really loves me and is tired of these one night stands.


I am looking for a do right woman for this honky tonking man

Back to Chorus

End


What do ya'll think? Sounds like a Trace Adkins song to me!




Art Nalley

Redneck Heritage Network


Copyright @2010





No comments: