Total Pageviews

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Genny, Karaoke and Mac Attack

Have not written anything for the blog lately, but it is cool autumn day, the kind I love and life is good. Thought I would take a few minutes to write about what has been happening in my life and just chill.

Work:
Work is work closed out another fiscal year, spent all the money and the Chief of Fiscal gets the credit. Hard to go to work every day when you can retire but being a Nalley I am stubborn and want to outlive the ex before I retire. And besides Genny is working a good 60 to 65 hours a week and never know when she will be totally burned out and need to quit. I think she actually likes it but you would never get that out of her. Obviously she likes a challenge or she would not have married me. She is the big mom of all the crew and takes up for all her co-workers and feels certain once they get the two banks phone system merged all her crew will be given pink slips.

She has had a few offers from contractors so she can get another job, she just worries. Me after receiving my 35 year pin with the government am taking a few more days off. Hope the boss isn't reading my blog but if I wake up and don't really feel like going in I use a mental health day lately. Don't feel bad about it either since I did my time as Genny is now. I have been looking into things to get involved in (business) in case one morning I wake up and decide to call it quits at the VA. I have several ideas' I would like to try out thru Mental Health days before I actually do. I have over a year in sick leave built up. Would be nice to be my own boss and yet still not have to put in a lot of hours, just make up for what the ex sucks out of the atmosphere.

Always talked about doing contracting for the private sector, helping small business break into the government but now I am thinking I don't want to do anything that is even is close to what I have done the last 35 years. If I leave the VA I am currently thinking of 3 part time jobs. Buying excess federal equipment and reselling it, writing a book on the nation's hot Karaoke spots of interest and being a part time Karaoke KJ.

Personal life: Genny has been having some heart problems, it is the one where the heart beats real fast, I think it is from stress, I am trying to get her to quit but she will stay with it till it kills her or she beats it. I think I may have married some kin. After 5 to 6 years dating a lot of crazy women she has really been a god send. Very good woman and takes great care of me. I kid her and tell her if you stress out and die you know I am going to take the insurance money and marry me one of those 53 year women down at the Country Club. She just smiles.

This is a story; she had not been out with me for awhile to do some Karaoke on Friday night and just out of the blue decided to go. They can survive without me tonight she said. Well I swear while a lot of folks (including women) know me down at the county club I usually sit by myself and just clap when I hear a singer sing a good song. Well Genny goes with me and sits next to me at my favorite spot. More women came to my table that night then ever and wanted a hug and to hear what I was going to sing that night. All just friendly stuff and Genny knew that but with each hug she moved a little closer and held my hand above the table. I looked over at her when I sat down one time and she said, I am going to have to go out with you more often so they know you got a woman. Truth is they know that and always asking where Genny is tonight but they just wanted her to know her man needs her more with him. I am the Grandpa, not the stud.

This weekend is my granddaughter (Mackenzie's) birthday and was invited up for the party. Couldn't go getting to old to travel long distance by myself and Genny is working. Charro calls on a regular basis and told me a funny one on Mac not too long ago. It seems she had a little rash and Charro decided to let it air out a little. So she let Mac run nude! She had fixed Chase man some food and looked down to see that Mac had dumped a load on the floor and decided this is cool wonder if you can write with this stuff. Chase man is screaming cause he don't want to come down off the bar stool with crap on the floor and Charro has a hour worth of cleaning to do. She said the worst part was that Brian had told her that he didn't know if letting Mac run nude was a good idea and had to listen to I told you so while cleaning up the floor. Laughed my ass off at that!

Well it is time to put something on the grill. Ya'll be good!

Art Nalley

Redneck Heritage Network

Copyright@2010


No comments: