Total Pageviews

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Slum Lord

Ms. Genny and I went to the camp yesterday and it was an excellent day. The weather was just right for a boat cruise and sitting out watching the sun go down over the river. Since we could get out in the day (normally to hot) we got to do that and then decided to play some monopoly. So we read the rules of which it seems several have changed and started playing. Both of us purchased too much land too quick and were running low on reserve funding. I noticed that when she was able to get both the utilities she was rather pleased with herself. Somehow I had the luck of the Irish and didn't hit her land for a few times around the board where as she seemed to hit mine every time she rolled. So I had most of the slums as Genny called it (the low rent district) and she would land on it and owe me 10 bucks rent. Well she didn't have 10 so I would buy one of her properties that she had paid 120 for, for 10 bucks. You got to pay your rent right? So it got down to where I owned just about all the property she had purchased that I was interested in and she hit another one of my properties. Rent due about 20 bucks. So she said how about this property, I said naw I don't want it. I will take one of those utilities however. She said NO and I said you got to pay your rent and that is all I want that you have.


She looked at the board and then me and then stood up and said F it. I will declare bankrupt, in a court of law I will get to keep most of my stuff and then let's see if you get you rent money Mr. Slum Lord!! She then went back to the bedroom to watch some TV. I think I won but not quite certain. I do know she owes me some rent money.



Art Nalley



Redneck Heritage Network



Copyright@2010

No comments: