Total Pageviews

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Grits Kill and Instant Grits Kills Instantly

Starting to get the garden ready, suppose to plant next week so at the outer edge of the garden was a very big ant pile that had been made over winter. I had heard one time that grits will kill ants and was curious as to if it would work, so I poked a few holes in the pile and the ants just came pouring out.

I went in the house and found a packet of instant grits and tore it open. There must have been a thousand ants on top of the pile when I tore it open and poured in on. I watched the ants slide down the grits and the worker ants carry little pieces down into the ant pile holes I had made. Went out this morning and no matter how much I poke the ant pile none come out. The ant’s are either dead or moved on to a higher-class neighborhood.

I hear that they take it in to hole and eat it. Grits expand and it kills them internally. I went to the garage and found some high profile ant killer I purchased last year. The cost of it was still on the bag, $7.67. I went inside and looked on the box of grits for a price. One dollar and thirteen cents for 10 bags of instant grits. I only used one bag.

I am feeling a little bad for the ants tonight as I know how it feels to be highly compacted.

Ya’ll have a good one you hear.


Art Nalley
Redneck Heritage Network
@2005

No comments: