Total Pageviews

Friday, December 3, 2010

Too Much Information


Lately this modern age of information unlimited has been getting on my last nerve. With the advent of the computer companies sell and collect data on everyone and target their advertisement based on that data. I was just about getting use to receiving that invitation to join the AARP when this latest batch started making its way to my mailbox.

Seems like every company in the world wants to sell me something to help me with memory lost, erectile dysfunction or my hearing but the latest batch of mail urging me to buy a cemetery plot is the perfect way to put a damper on what started out to be a nice day. Just all of a sudden they started showing up in my mailbox and email.

Dear Art,

Based on our data you have reached the age that you should seriously consider purchasing a cemetery plot and we have just the one for you. Purchase now at this low price and save your widow the grief of dealing with higher prices upon your death. (I guess it is like a concert and the price goes up at the gate)

Sincerely,
Don’t you feel better now


I think I will sit down and show these companies that the information highway travels both ways. Have some fun with it and research who the owner or CEO is for each of these companies and send them letters like this…

Dear Make my Day,

Based on my data, your daughter is a lesbian, your son is a crack head, and I don’t want to have to tell you what your wife does every time you go on a business trip. As a side note your company’s value is going to decrease by 90% within the next month and your then ex wife will get the 10% left. Take me off your mailing list or I will send you proof that your Mother never loved you and that man you called Dad was really not your father.

Have a good day,

Art Nalley
Redneck Heritage Network
@2008

No comments: